New rules are coming. Learn more.
Learn about current cannabis laws, how the Government of Canada proposes to legalize and strictly regulate cannabis, and about the health and safety risks of cannabis use.
Legalizing and strictly regulating cannabis in Canada
- Consultation on the Proposed Approach to the Regulation of Cannabis
- Proposed requirements for cultivation, processing, and federal sale licences
- Infographic: Supply chain for the commercial production and sale of cannabis
- Legalizing and strictly regulating cannabis: Industry rules and enforcement
- Legalizing and strictly regulating cannabis: Youth and adults
- Task force report: A Framework for the Legalization and Regulation of Cannabis in Canada
- Introduction of the Cannabis Act: Questions and Answers
Health effects of cannabis
Cannabis affects your body, including your brain, in the short and long term.
Driving impaired is illegal. Learn about the types, risks, laws and enforcement.
Talking with your teens
Talking with your teen about cannabis can encourage them to make their own healthy lifestyle choices.
Learn about medical access to cannabis or apply to be a licensed producer of cannabis for medical purposes.
- Date modified: